The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of the Kingdom of Cambodia, through the Philippine Embassy in Cambodia and in partnership with the National Youth Commission, is implementing the ASEAN-China Youth Exchange Visit 2015.
With the theme “The Role of Youth in Culture and Tourism”, the program aims to provide opportunities to young people from the ASEAN Member States and China to cultivate community awareness as future leaders of the global society. The program also aims to provide a venue where delegates can have an exchange of ideas and experiences about China and ASEAN’s history, culture, and tourism that will contribute in strengthening and deepening ASEAN and China’s strategic partnership. Activities during the program will include seminars, workshops, art and cultural performances, and visits in temple sites.
The program is on March 13-18, 2015 in Siem Reap, Cambodia. Through the National Youth Commission, the Philippines will be sending 7 youth delegates.Qualifications of Youth Delegates:
- Filipino citizen, single, 18 – 30 years old
- Philippine passport holders (valid until September 19, 2015)
- With experiences on cultural immersion activities and knowledge on cultural diversity
- With background in tourism and/or experiences in tourism management
- Mentally and physically fit to travel
- Be able to attend the pre-departure briefing on March 12, 2015 and the program proper on March 13-18, 2015
- Accomplished NYC Application Form (Save with file name: NYCIntlProgramsAppForm – LastName, FirstName)
- Accomplished NYC Volunteers Application Form (for first-time applicants only) (Save with file name: NYCVolunteersAppForm – LastName, FirstName)
- Accomplished Registration Form (Save with file name: RegForm – LastName, FirstName)
- Scanned copy of Information Page and Emergency Contact Page of Passport (Save with file name: Passport – LastName, FirstName)
- Delegates will shoulder their travel expenses from their residence (province) to NAIA and back, as well as their accommodation in Manila for the pre-departure briefing.
- The organizer will shoulder the delegates’ international airfare, as well as their accommodation and transportation in Cambodia for the duration of the program.
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from March 12, 2013 – March 12, 2015 whose airfare, accommodation, and meals were paid/will be paid for by the organizer; and
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from March 12, 2014 – March 12, 2015 whose airfare was shouldered by the participants and whose accommodation and meals were paid/will be paid for by the organizer.
- Documents may be submitted online, personally or through courier.
- FOR ONLINE SUBMISSION (PREFERRED): Scan application documents and save as PDF File in at least 300 dpi resolutions. Email your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org (with Subject Heading: APPLICATION for ASEAN-China Youth Exchange Visit 2015 – [APPLICANT’S SURNAME]).
- FOR PERSONAL SUBMISSION: Submit your documents in PDF file saved in CD or USB drive at 4F Bookman Building, 373 Quezon Avenue, Quezon City.
- FOR SUBMISSION THROUGH COURIER: Send your documents in PDF file saved in a CD or USB drive to: The International Programs Desk, National Youth Commission, 4F Bookman Building, 373 Quezon Avenue, Quezon City. Please send it not later than 12:00 NN on February 17, 2015.
- Applicants are advised to strictly follow the instructions for submission. The NYC will not be responsible for application documents which will be lost or sent to wrong e-mail addresses.
- Deadline for submission of application forms and requirements is at 12:00 NN on February 17, 2015, whether submitted online, personally or through courier.
- Please send all queries to email@example.com with subject heading “Query: ASEAN-China Youth Exchange Visit”.
- Please get in touch with the NYC International Programs Secretariat at (02) 4162833.
- The Office of the Chairperson of the Committee on International Affairs, Commissioner Earl Saavedra, will also accept further inquiries at (02) 4163415 loc. 108.
- The NYC reserves the right not to respond to questions whose answers are already stated in this briefer or in the application form.
Lacking requirements/incomplete documents will not be included in the paper screening process. Please be mindful of the important instructions indicated herewith.