The Institute for Youth Research, Ministry of Youth and Sports, Malaysia will be hosting the International Conference For Young Leaders (ICYL) which will be held at the Putra World Trade Centre, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on March 19-21, 2015. Focusing on the theme “Changing Communities through Social Entrepreneurship,” the program aims to prepare ASEAN youth and youth organizations in bringing impactful positive change in the field of social entrepreneurship.
Through the National Youth Commission, the Philippines will be sending 10 youth delegates to participate in the program.
Qualifications of Youth Delegates:
- Filipino citizen, single, 19 – 30 years old
- Philippine passport holders (valid until September 22, 2015)
- Currently-enrolled college, masteral or doctoral students, preferably taking up courses related to social entrepreneurship; or young entrepreneurs
- With good command of the English language
- With thorough knowledge of current events in the Philippines and in ASEAN
- Must be willing to shoulder roundtrip international airfare, airport terminal fees and travel tax
- Mentally and physically fit to travel
- Must be able to attend the pre-departure briefing on March 18 and the program proper on March 19-21, 2015
- Must be willing to be an NYC volunteer or to participate in post-program activities
- Accomplished NYC Application Form (Save with file name: NYCIntlProgramsAppForm – LastName, FirstName)
- Accomplished NYC Volunteers Application Form for first-time applicants (Save with file name: NYCVolunteersAppForm – LastName, FirstName)
- Copy of Official School Registration Form (for students) (Save with file name: SchoolRegForm – LastName, FirstName)
- Scanned copy of passport (Save with file name: Passport – LastName, FirstName)
- An essay (Times New Roman, 12, single space, maximum of 1 page) answering the question: Why are you interested in learning about social entrepreneurship? (Save with file name: Essay – LastName, FirstName)
- The delegates will shoulder their own international airfare (Manila-Kuala Lumpur-Manila).
- The organizers will provide the participants’ accommodation and local transportation in Malaysia for the duration of the program.
- The organizer will provide meals for participants during the conference as below:
- 19th March 2015 : Breakfast, coffee-break, lunch, official dinner
- 20th March 2015 : Breakfast, coffee-break, lunch
- 21th March 2015 : Breakfast, coffee-break, lunch
The following are automatically disqualified:
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from March 18, 2013 – March 18, 2015 whose airfare, accommodation, and meals were paid for / will be paid for by the organizer; and
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from March 18, 2014 – March 18, 2015 whose airfare was shouldered / will be shouldered by the participants and whose accommodation and meals were paid for / will be paid for by the organizer
How to apply:
- Documents may be submitted online, personally or through courier.
- FOR ONLINE SUBMISSION (PREFERRED): Scan application documents and save as PDF File in at least 300 dpi resolutions. Email your documents to email@example.com (with Subject Heading: APPLICATION for 2015 ICYL).
- FOR PERSONAL SUBMISSION: Submit your documents in PDF file saved in CD or USB drive at 4F Bookman Building, 373 Quezon Avenue, Quezon City.
- FOR SUBMISSION THROUGH COURIER: Send your documents in PDF file saved in a CD or USB drive to: The International Programs Desk, National Youth Commission, 4F Bookman Building, 373 Quezon Avenue, Quezon City. Please send it not later than January 20, 2015.
- Applicants are advised to strictly follow the instructions for submission. The NYC will not be responsible for application documents which will be lost or sent to wrong e-mail addresses.
- Deadline for submission of application forms and requirements is at 5:00 PM on January 20, 2015, whether submitted online, personally or through courier.
- Please send all queries to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading “Query: 2015 ICYL”.
- Please get in touch with the NYC International Programs Secretariat through Ms Bea Atienza at telephone number (02) 416-2833.
- The office of the Chairperson of the Committee on International Affairs, Commissioner Earl Saavedra, will also accept further inquiries at telephone number (02) 416-3415 loc. 108.
- The NYC reserves the right not to respond to questions whose answers are already stated in this briefer or in the application form.
Download NYC/ICYL Forms here:
- Accomplished NYC Application Form
- Accomplished NYC Volunteers Application Form
- Tentative ICYL Programme